July 10, 2011

Before pictures

Hello there!  We've started working on our house!  Ammon is hard at work replacing the leaky roof - and for some reason the weather decided to rain for the first time ALL summer right when he started tearing it off - go figure, right? :D Meanwhile - our awesome family has helped us scrape off the popcorn ceiling (which seems to be holding ALL the smoker smell, so our house smells NASTY with the popcorn all over the floor), ripping up the carpet and pad, tearing out ALL the baseboards and tack board from the carpet, and smashing out the counter tops.  It already looks like a totally different house without the grass-like carpet and wallpaper :D  We've also started tearing out the fireplace.  I'm a little sad about it - I love the brick.  But I think we have come to a compromise where I get to keep the brick, and Ammon gets his wooden mantle and such.  I can't wait to show it to you!  I've been taking picture along the way - but for today, I'm going to show you a before pictures - better ones than the last batch I posted :D
future dining area - door to the backyard

old carpet and older carpet pad :D

Living room

Living Room

Fireplace / Front door and entryway.

Hallway - cute wallpaper (future dining area)

entryway... real cute :D

Closet where our VERY outdated a/c unit is housed.

Babies room - oh p.s. we're PREGNANT!! :D

hallway to bedrooms

guest room

guest bathroom - everyone loves carpeted bathrooms :D
very cute popcorn ceiling

guest bathroom tub

stripping wall paper... it was, oh, so fun! and smelly!

master bath vanity.

underneath the carpet.... I almost puked all over it. the smell was UNREAL!!!

Master bath shower - gross huh?

master bath potty... have you ever seen one so close to the ground?

master bathroom - I've got big plans for the awesome mirror!!

babies room - we're extending the master bed and bath into this room a little bit - so it will look really different when we're done!

Hallway closet - I want to turn it into my office!
So it will look something like THIS!!! I know you're jealous ;)

Master bedroom... it needs LOTS of work ;)

Master bed into the master bath

1 comment:

Ang said...

Looks like a blast!! =) We tried to call you and come see it last week, but no luck. Maybe this week? let us know ;)