May 17, 2011

Gray Never Looked So Good :)

Hello Friends!!  We're SOOO close to finally closing on our house :)  I swear this is the longest house closing in the history of all house-dom! So, we're trying to start on some projects that we can do before owning the house - enter: living room side tables!!  Thanks to my super awesome friend, Ciera (she is actually Ammon's cousin's wife), for giving us these amazing tables!!  It took us a hot minute to figure out what we were going to do with them - since our entire house is black and gray, we couldn't figure out how to paint them.  We're not even sure what our new couch is going to look like, so we had a tiny table emergency :) So, here's the before shot
first we sanded them down.

then we primed them with Kilz primer  - and by the way, I don't pretend that my brain is crafty, if you know me at all, you'll know that I'm probably the least creative person on the planet :) I got this idea and directions from my friend Brooke at all things thrifty! She's probably the greatest ever :) Along with Mandi at vintage revivals.  They're my girl crushes :)

Then, we painted them satin Granite Gray
In case you didn't see the can through all the cuteness - my little brother Haden  :)
Then, after we'd painted them - I glazed them black! And I'm in love :)  - this picture shows the front table glazed, and the back table not glazed.

more after pictures :D



What do you think? Love them? Hate them?  I love them - A LOT!  I can't wait to see them in our living room :D

4 comments:

Honey Bunches said...

i love it!!!!!!!! im so glad that you did something with them! your awesome :)

Brittney and Zach Lundgreen said...

love them you are so daring to buy a fix up home like that that would stress me to the MAX!!! can't wait to see it!

Ammon & Hayley Bradshaw said...

Thanks you guys!! Ciera - we LOVE them! They are absolutely perfect for our house :D And Brit, I'm pretty much freaking out :) Our guest room has both of your names on it whenever you want :D

Brooke Ulrich said...

Thank you sooo much for coming tonight! You are sooo stinkin' cute! I cannot wait to see the transformation of your house! :) xoxo