April 15, 2011

Welcome to our House!!

We bought a house!!  We're a tad overwhelmed, but so excited!! It's starting to set in that we're grown-ups now :) haha, well, we're both 23 so I guess I should have been expecting this day to come! Well - this beaut is all ours!  My personal favorite is the beautiful green carpet :).  Here's a few things you should know about myself and my husband.  Ammon has big plans for our new house!  His style is simple, sophisticated, straight forward, and user friendly.  He doesn't like bright colors or trends.  He likes all of his things to be unique - and being raised in a construction company with his family, he is VERY picky, especially when it comes to houses.  Right now he is in heaven having a project this big, knowing it is all his, and no one telling him what to do with it.  Except me!  I'm his totally awesome wife, Hayley! I have big plans for our new house.  I like bright colors, unique furniture, different themes in every room! My style is classy, Victorian, damask, chandeliers, wallpaper!! Swoon :)  I pretty much love everything and want our house to have a lot of different elements.  I want our house to be the coolest thing to hit southern Utah since 1973 - when our house was built.






Do you see the potential?! I can't wait to get my hands on the oval mirrors in the bathroom :D they'll be making a refurbished appearance soon.  Oh - another thing you should know.  The previous owners were heavy smokers.  The walls are supposed to be white - and you can see where they had frames and clocks hanging - the walls are now a really cute yellowish color - ugh - barf.

Right- a new air filter.  Left- the smoker's air filter....

So!  I hope you enjoy our new project! We should close on our house in a few weeks - then the ripping and tearing begin!  And please let us know what you think! Our first project we have to tackle: paint.  The WHOLE house needs new paint.  I'm in heaven.  I could live the rest of my life painting and repainting my house.  I want lots of different colors - the bathrooms and kitchen definitely need to be different from the rest of the house, in my opinion.  Ammon wants the whole house to be one color.  What do you think?

1 comment:

Erin said...

First, congratulations you guys! I LOVE that fantastic green carpet....but I think it should be donated to the set of That 70's Show. And Hayley, I think that you're right. All different colored walls in the house! One color is boring! What about accent walls?! You can talk him into it. I know it! Good luck! I can't wait to see it.